TMS Resilmount MBF Betafix clips are adjustable furring channel clips used to level walls and ceilings that have uneven surfaces. Also decouples walls from the building structure to comply with sound isolation requirements for acoustic walls.
MBF Brackets are suitable for use with standard furring channels, 7/8". Installation is easy, simply fix brackets to the wall structure using minimum 8 gauge screw or masonry sleeve. They can be installed with screws, tapcons or a Hilti gun. MBF Brackets have four adjustment options to adjust furring channels thus eliminating the need for packers. They can be installed on any type of wall substance with or without studs.
The simple and practical design of the brackets, make it the fixing of choice by many contractors for soundproofing as well as getting walls straight. The notches in the MBFR clip allow extra tolerance in the placement of furring channel so that the resulting wall will be even and unbowed, despite any issues in the position of the wall studs. They are suitable for decoupling virtually all types of wall applications while maintaining sound isolation properties.
For additional sound control option, please see our Resilmount MBFR with a rubber pad.
- MBF to be fixed to structure with minimum 8 gauge screw, masonry sleeve anchors.
- Can be installed with screws, tapcons or a Hilti gun.
- Maximum spacing of clips on furring channel is 48".
- Spacing between furring channels should not exceed 24".
- Maximum dead load: 55 lbs.
- Can be used on walls and ceilings.
- Simple design; adaptable to hundreds of applications.
- Consistent and reliable quality; manufactured under ISO9001 quality control system
- Cost-effective solution to isolate airborne and impact noise.
- Flexible, easy installation
- Use with standard 7/8" furring channels
- 1/4" hole for a variety of fasteners
- 0-3/4" adjustment @ 3/16" increments
- Multi-family housing
- Mixed use commercial buildings
- Home Theater
How Many To Order:
Clips can be spaced up to 48" apart with spacing of up to 24" between channels. When using this spacing, divide the square footage of the area to be treated by 5. That will give a rough estimate of the amount of clips needed. In most cases you will need to compensate for being within 6" to walls/ceilings so we have found that calculating the square footage by 23% should get you close to the amount of clips needed. See Installation Tab above for layout diagram.
Need help planning your soundproofing project? You can always call our office at 845-388-1200 with any installation questions that arise. Feel confident when placing your order with Trademark Soundproofing, as we are always here to assist you with installation advice.