TMS Silent Clips - A106R is an engineered mounting bracket used to reduce airborne and structure-borne vibration. It is a combination of the A237R and the M-100 4" 12 Ga bracket. The A237R is attached to the 4" leg of the bracket.
TMS Silent Clips - A106R is perfect for applications where maximum ceiling height is needed. It fastens directly to the side of wood or steel joists creating an air space below the joists as little as 1/4".
- Engineered thermoplastic rubber outperforms standard rubber because of its sound absorbing characteristics.
- The 106R allows a minimum 1/4" cavity for applications where adjustment is needed.
- Creates a smaller cavity between the framing and the ceiling.
- Can be used with standard drywall furring channel.
- Electrical Box or Projector Mount Isolation
- Isolation of Ceiling Fan or Vent Fan Apparatus
- Isolation of Garage Door Apparatus Isolation
- Dropped Ceilings or Walls to create a "Floating Wall/Ceiling Applications.
- Speaker and Musical Equipment Isolation
- Recessed Lighting, Heating and Venting Isolators
A106R Clip Specifications:
- Width: 31/16"
- Bracket Height: 13/4"
- Length: 315/16"
- Depth: 11/8"
- Load Weight: 22 lbs.
- Max Spacing Between Brackets: 24" on center
How Many To Order:
Clips can be spaced up to 48" apart with spacing of up to 24" between channels. When using this spacing, divided the square footage of the area to be treated by 5. That will give a rough estimate of the amount of clips needed. In most cases you will need to compensate for being within 6" to walls/ceilings so we have found that calculating the square footage by 23% should get you close to the amount of clips needed. See Installation Tab above for layout diagram.
Need help planning your soundproofing project? You can always call our office at 845-388-1200 with any installation questions that arise. Feel confident when placing your order with Trademark Soundproofing, as we are always here to assist you with installation advice and tips. We are the only soundproofing company that is constantly installing the products we sell, so we have the answers!