Acoustic control of airborne and structure-borne sound in high-density residential areas are a significant concern for contractors. A237CR channel provides a unique solution for sound isolation between ceiling primary suspension channel and the furring channel to which drywall is fixed to. The assembly clip features a top clip that wraps around the Cold Rolled Channel (CRC) with a simple rotation motion, snapping into position. The A237CR can be moved along the CRC to line up with the Furring Channel spacing.
A237CR comes pre-assembled for quick and easy installation. It is designed to suit 7/8" and 1 1/2" furring channels. Clips are provided with a 1/4" hole to suit a variety of fasteners.
- Engineered thermoplastic rubber with outstanding sound absorbing characteristics
- Simple design; adaptable to hundreds of applications
- Consistent and reliable quality; manufactured under ISO9001 quality control system
- Cost effective solution to isolate airborne noise
- Does not use metal washer or metal insert in rubber
- A237CR clips can be used to suit 7/8" and 1 1/2" furring channels
- A237CR clips are provided with a 1/4" hole for a variety of fasteners
- 1 hour and 2 hour fire-tested
- Multi-family housing
- Mixed use commercial buildings
- Home Theater
- Clip Height: 2 11/16"
- Metal Thickness: .047" / 14 gauge
- Clip Width x Length: 1 3/8" x 3 1/8"
- Load Capacity: 55 Lb. maximum dead load
- Maximum spacing of clips on furring: 48"
- Spacing between furring channels: should not exceed 24" OC
How Many To Order:
Clips can be spaced up to 48" apart with spacing of up to 24" between channels. When using this spacing, divide the square footage of the area to be treated by 5. That will give a rough estimate of the amount of clips needed. In most cases you will need to compensate for being within 6" to walls/ceilings so we have found that calculating the square footage by 23% should get you close to the amount of clips needed.
For detailed usage see our How To Soundproof Article.
Need help planning your soundproofing project? You can always call our office at 845-388-1200 with any installation questions that arise. Feel confident when placing your order with Trademark Soundproofing, as we are always here to assist you with installation advice and tips. We are the only soundproofing company that is constantly installing the products we sell, so we have the answers!