UL Fire-Rated Light and Speaker Covers
- Applications: FF109300 are the only flexible recessed light enclosures designed to stop air and sound leakage through recessed lighting. It is versatile and can be used to protect recessed speakers as well. They offer significant energy savings as well as noise and draft reduction.
- Design: FF109-300 light covers are dome shaped intumescent barriers made of durable, thermal insulating mineral wool. Made of flexible, lightweight and fire-safe material which is suited for a wide range of recessed light fixtures.
- Dimensions: Inside height: 8"
Approximate Weight: 1.5 Lbs.
For larger light fixtures see our FF109350 Light and Speaker Cover.
- Acoustic properties: They are designed to completely cover fixtures and exhibit excellent acoustic insulating properties. They significantly reduce the amount of noise travelling through air gaps around light fixtures.
- Fire Protection: In a fire, the intumescent material expands 5 times of its original thickness, closing the vent holes and preventing flame spread. Two vent holes in the cover reduce the risk of over-heating of the light in normal use. The high expansion and insulation properties ensure that flame spread and heat transmission are stopped for 60 minutes. Also available through our office with a two hour fire-rating, to order please contact us or call our office at 845-388-1200.
- Installation: Product does not require assembly or special tools and can be installed within seconds. The flexible material enables the cover to be fitted around obstructions or retro-fitted. The light cover does not require maintenance but is easy to remove for fixture maintenance.
- Certifications: Fire and thermally tested in accordance with UL1598 and IEC 60598-1. UL tested and approved for use with IC-rated recessed incandescent, fluorescent or LED light fixtures.
- Priced Per Piece