- 12 (29 oz.) tubes of acoustic caulk. For a total coverage of approximately 600 linear feet per case.
- 6 (29 oz.) tubes of acoustic caulk. For a total coverage of approximately 300 linear feet per case.
- 2 (29oz.) tubes of acoustic caulk. For a total coverage of approximately 100 linear feet per case.
Note: Full cases of 12 tubes of Acoustical Caulk will be cheaper than buying half case of 6 tubes.
Special discounted pricing applied when ordering 2 cases of 12 or more, add to cart for pricing (varies depending on quantity.)
What is Green Glue Sealant?
Proper acoustical sealing is a must in order to achieve the desired results in soundproofing. Green Glue Sealant is manufactured by the Green Glue Company and is the perfect seal for all your soundproofing projects. It used to fill gaps between walls and floors and around electrical outlets, light fixtures, windows, and doors. Anywhere there is a break in building material, acoustical sealant should be applied to stop sound from traveling through an open gap. It stops noise from leaking through joints, edges and baseplates and can be used on many surfaces such as wood, gypsum, concrete, glass, drywall, metal and plastic. The Sealant will remain soft and flexible when dry and is paintable once dried. Green Glue’s Noiseproofing Acoustical Sealant is simple to dispense and has an easy clean-up. It is highly trusted and recommended by builders, architects, contractors and DIY enthusiast.
Advantages and Features of Acoustical Sealant:
- Soundproof - Prevents sound from leaking through joists and edges
- Easy – Dispenses easily and remains soft and flexible when dry
- Neat - Easy clean-up with soap and water
- Multi-Purpose - Bonds to wood, concrete, glass, gypsum, metal and plastic
- Aesthetic - Paintable when dry
- Versatile – For use in new construction, remodels, and retrofits
- Proven – Leading manufacturer of soundproofing technologies
- Trusted – Used by builders, contractors, architects, and DIYers
- Tested – Independently tested by Underwriters Laboratory for environmental impact
- Sustainable – Can help contribute in achieving points toward LEED certification
- Effective – Validated by third-party laboratory testing
- Safe - Low V.O.C. and Non-Toxic
- Pleasant - No odor
Limitations of Acoustical Sealant:
- Not a finishing product; standard mud and tape should be used.
- Intended for noise mitigation in interior applications only.
- Allow to dry 48 hours before finishing or painting.
Green Glue’s Noiseproofing Acoustical Sealant is simple to dispense and clean-up. It stops noise from leaking through joints, edges and baseplates and can be used on many surfaces such as wood, gypsum and concrete. It is highly trusted and recommended by builders, architects, contractors and DIY enthusiast.
Sealant is applied with a standard quart sized caulking gun, which is available for sale on our site (see Acoustical Sealant Installation Guide). Approximate coverage depends on how wide the nozzle is cut for application.
When filling a gap that is more than 1/4" (.25") wide, we suggest first filling the gap with Soundproofing Rubber.
For more information see our Product Data tab to the right.