TM Soundproofing’s Heavy Duty sound curtains for permanent applications offers a barrier-backed product consisting of a fiberglass facing bonded to a vinyl noise barrier. Facing material is an exterior grade, UV resistant, heavy duty, vinyl coated polyester (VCP), quilted fiberglass absorber. Facing is bonded to a one-pound psf. or two-pound psf. reinforced loaded vinyl noise barrier. Product is sewn with Gore Tenera exterior grade thread on all edges for maximum durability in all weather conditions. The durable, reinforced barrier exterior combined with the quilted fiberglass decoupler offers maximum longevity as well as a 15 dB(A) noise reduction.
This product has a lifespan of 10-15 years and is ideal for long-term / permanent applications. For short term projects see our Heavy Duty, Economic Sound Curtains.
Sound Curtain panels are constructed with grommets across the top and bottom (and middle if over 8' high) and exterior grade Velcro seals along the vertical edges for easy installation. Typically used as modular curtain panels on long-term construction projects or permanent outdoor applications such as enclosing HVAC equipment, dust collectors or similar machinery behind a manufacturing plant. Product is recommended for all areas where UV and abuse resistance as well as maximum durability, longevity and noise reduction is required. Item can also be used as sliding doors on an acoustical curtain enclosure.
Choose from a variety of colors that easily blend into your landscape. Product is available through our website in three standard sizes or can be custom ordered through our office. Standard product has a 1" or 2" thick quilted fiberglass absorber bonded with a 1 lb. or 2 lb. psf. reinforced sound barrier.
- HVAC Equipment, Compressors, Generators
- Dust Collectors
- Construction barriers
- 1”-thick or 2”-thick quilted fiberglass sound absorber
- 1 lb. psf or 2 lb. psf reinforced noise barrier
- Fabricated with grommets across top and bottom (middle if over 8' high) and exterior grade Velcro seams along edges
- Flexible for quick and easy installation around hard to cover projects
- Available facing colors on quilt: gray, tan or black
- Available barrier colors: gray, tan or light blue
- Standard panel width 54” wide, lengths as required up to 25’ high
- Maximum Durability for longevity outdoors, resists most chemicals, lifespan of 10+ years
- STC values ranging from 29 to 38 (see product data)
- NRC values ranging from .65 to .75 (see product data)
- Class A (or 1) flammability rated per ASTM E- 84
- Temperature range -20° to +180° F
How to order-
Select facing and barrier color from options above and choose from our standard sizing of 54" by 96", 54"by 144" or 54 " by 25' (full roll). Item can be custom designed as an insulator for noisy equipment. Custom sizing is available through our office.
Standard panels come with grommets at the top and coordinating Velcro fasteners sewn along edges. When ordering a full roll, grommets and velcro are not included.
Standard product has a 1" thick quilted fiberglass bonded with a 1 lb. reinforced sound barrier. Item can be ordered with a 2" thick fiberglass absorber and / or with a 2 lb. per sq foot reinforced barrier.
For all custom ordering and pricing, please contact us at 845-388-1200.
Quantities above 6 items are eligible for quantity discounts. See comparison chart above or add to cart to apply discounts.
Please note, images are for illustrative purposes only. They are not actual photos. Therefore, actual colors may vary slightly and size may be enlarged to show detail.
This product qualifies for FREE SHIPPING, see shipping and returns tab above for more information.
Click here to return to our Acoustic Blankets and Curtains Home Page.