Easy to install Noise Barrier Panel is Custom fitted to your door and applied directly to your door to greatly enhance soundproofing properties without replacing the door. Noise barrier combines Sound Barrier and Sound Absorption components for maximum soundproofing ability.
Price is for one panel with dimensions up to 48" x 96", with three custom cutouts for hinges and one custom cut for a door knob.
Due to the large volume of orders and the customized manufacturing of this product. Please allow 6-10 weeks (from drawing approval) for this product to ship.
This custom made Door Panel Sound Barrier is directly applied to the door surface to greatly enhance soundproofing characteristics of the door.
Price is for one panel with dimensions up to 48" x 96", with three custom cutouts for hinges and one custom cut for a door knob. For additional sizes and cut-outs, contact us at 845-388-1200 for pricing and details.
Easily applied panel is ideal for retro-construction, when you are looking to avoid replacing a door, or to improve properties of a sound-rated door
This sound barrier is great for use as a divider wall when separating two noisy areas that require absorption, or anywhere where de-coupler, barrier or absorber is needed.
Applying a Door Panel Barrier eliminates additional costs for sound reduction products around the perimeter of the door.
Panel is easily applied and removed with a strong velcro
Material is made of Sound Barrier and Sound Absorption components for maximum effectiveness
Available in choice of colors
How to Order:
Once order is placed you will be contacted by our office for exact dimension of door, with template of cut-out locations, see link below. [Note, we add an additional 2" on the top and two sides of the door to overlap the cracks around the door (We include these dimensions on our templates). This ensures a superior seal. If your door is not compatible with the added dimensions please state it on your template].
Cut outs are provided for hinges, knobs and stops. Price above is for 3 hinges and a knob. Knob cut-out can also be cut in the field. A thinner material (B10-R), with .090" thickness, is placed by knob location, you put an "X" through it with a razor to allow knob to push through. Click here to view a sample template. Additional cut-outs may change pricing.
Please note, images are for illustrative purposes only. They are not actual photos. Therefore, actual colors may vary slightly and size may be enlarged to show detail. See Sample Template for exact measurements.
The Barrier Septum Composite (BSC) is a non-reinforced loaded vinyl noise barrier, sandwiched between two layers of fiberglass. Ideally suited as an acoustical liner, the inner layer of the quilted fiberglass decouples the barrier from the surface to improve its noise blocking ability while the outer layer adds sound absorption to the treated environment. Exterior material is a standard industrial vinyl facing, available in gray, tan, white or black.
Combines noise barrier and sound absorption
STC: 29 (see product data)
NRC: .75 (see product data)
Fire Rating: safe and low smoke emissions as per Class A flammability rating (per ASTM E-84 )
Flame Spread: 22.78
Smoke Density: 30.56
Temperature Range: -20F to +180F
Weight: 1.43 LB / sq ft
Resists most chemicals
Durable and flexible, conforms to any shape
For interior applications
Easy installation and removal for cleaning
Cross Section of Material:
Sample Door Template with Custom-Cutouts:
Note About Handing: Left Handed Template should be used on Left Handed Door if panel is applied to the BACK of the door. If panel will be applied to the front of the door (Push Side), please use Right Handed Template.
Note About Handing: Right Handed Template should be used on Right Handed Door if panel is applied to the BACK of the door. If panel will be applied to the front of the door (Push Side), please use Left Handed Template.
Made a significant improvement. It is well constructed.
Comments about Door Panel Sound Barrier:
It will take two people to install. Pay particular attention to your door handle. See photo. A wiser person than me prevailed on me to get this excellent result.
I also soundproofed two internal walls with double 5/8 dry wall with green glue in between..
Very happy with total effect to reduce sound from my room.
Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Images by customer
By Treeks, float lover
from calgary, alberta, canada
About Me Beginner
This is what I was looking for!
Easy To Install
Comments about Door Panel Sound Barrier:
This product is incredible. I work in an extremely specialized industry that requires highly effective soundproofing to provide an exceptional experience. This door panel sound barrier was able to enhance the environment, elevating the other soundproofing components to optimized the whole performance of the room. An additional bonus, is it's ability to also block out light around the door encapsulating the space without distractions. The panel was extremely easy to work with and install.
Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
1) Rizwan: Hi,
what other colours does this product come in and what other styles? How much for shipping to the mainalnd UK. Will it fit round our door frame or does this just fit around the door? Does it cover the gap between the door frame and door and the gap between the door and the floor? Our door is 36 and 3/4 inches wide and 79 and 2/3 inches tall. this mearsurment is just the door and not including the door frame.
Trademark Soundproofing Reply:
Hi Riz, Colors available are, Gray, Tan, Black and White. There is only 1 style available, the one we show on the site. These panels are custom manufactured per order and can be made to any size you wish. Standard practice is to add 2 inches to the sides and top of the panel in order to cover the gap between the door and the frame. You can click and download a Door Template from the "Product Data" tab and fill that out per your specifications. For a shipping quote to the UK please contact email@example.com. There is usually a $1,000.00 minimum order required for international shipping.
2) Todd : In regard to your door panel sound barrier: can it be big enough to cover the sides and top and bottom upon closing or? Also if we decide to do more extensive soundproofing of rooms/doors do you have anyone you can reference out here in S CA? thank you
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Hi Todd. Yes, if you look at the door template we provide you will see that we add 2 inches of material to each side and the top to seal the gaps (we still recommend an automatic door bottom for the gap at the bottom).
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your address and scope of work and we will check our database to see if we have anyone to recommend in your area. Thank you
3) Brad: I've got at least one 29 3/4" X 80" interior door that needs a door panel sound barrier. Can you help? Thank you
Trademark Soundproofing Reply:
Hi Brad, Yes we can help you with that. These are custom made per order so just download and fill out the door template in the description. Give us a call if you need any additional help. Thanks.
4) Ellen: I have two arched shape 2" solid wood doors which need sound proofing to allow privacy for tenants sharing
a laundry accessed by the arch doors coming from
each apartment. Can your door panel sound barrier be
made to fit an arch shaped door?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Hi Ellen. Our door panels are custom manufactured per order so we may be able to work with your design. Please send a drawing of the doorway to our sales department email@example.com and we will let you know if it can be done and at what cost. Thank You.
5) Brad C: Hello - my door panel sound barrier has just arrived, but without installation instructions. I'm not understanding how to use the velcro strip to apply the panel. Please reply with instructions
Trademark Soundproofing Reply:
Hi Brad, You would peel and stick the roll of commercial Velcro that should have come with your panel and apply it to the perimeter of the entire door. You would then attache the mating Velcro that is sewn onto the back of the panel to the Velcro that you attached to the door. Please give us a call if you need any further help. Thank You.
7) Chester E: Does this panel add an additional STC of 29 to the existing door, i.e. make a door rated an STC of 26 become a door rated an STC of 55? Thanks!
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Hi Chester, It does not. The STC 29 is as a stand alone product.
8) Chester E: Can these be designed to accommodate both a doorknob and a deadbolt lock? Thanks!
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Yes you can put those on the template.
9) David N: Do you cut out for a peep hole ? Not a huge loss if not ..
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Hi David, Yes we can cut out a peep hole, you can put it on the template drawing.
10) Steve B: Good afternoon Sir or Ma'am,
Is the product customizable to account for 1) a pair of double doors and the space and mechanisms between them and 2) a pair of external double doors with push-bars that are separated by a keyed mullion?
Also, can the product be tailored to account for a window, and are there other options or products available to sound-proof that window and keep it transparent?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Hi Steve. Yes this is a customizable product and we can usually do any cut outs needed. We would need you to draw it up on our template and then we would send you a drawing before going to production.
We can add a clear heavy duty mass loaded vinyl for the window section.
11) Molly P: Hello, I have level handles on my doors instead of a door knob. Can this door cover still work with those? ~Molly
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Hi Molly. Yes it can be used for a lever too as there is a patch for the door handle which you cut on site in an X pattern and you you can poke the lever through in the same way as a knob.
12) Tait M: Is it better, in terms of sound blocking, to apply this to the push or pull side of the door?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Either one is fine, however when you install on the pull side you can overlap the gaps between the door and jambs. We also recommend also soundproofing closer to the "source" of the noise.
13) dr. Stephen M: Can you please tell me the db attenuation of this barrier. My door already has a drop down skirt.
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: About 7-15 db reduction over an existing door.
14) duncan: Hi,
I wonder if you could tell me the STC rating for this?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: The panel on its own has an STC rating of 29. Please see the "Product Data" tab below.
15) Catherine K: Hello - I wish there was more than 1 review of this door sound barrier. It seems to be exactly what I want to keep noise out of my music studio. Do you know of any one else's experiences? Since it is made of vinyl, is there a lot of odor to it? This will be used in a residential family home with pets, and I hope that it is constructed with family-friendly materials.
Trademark Soundproofing Reply:
I agree. Hopefully you will leave a review once you receive yours . While there are not yet that many reviews we have sold dozens of these door barriers with excellent feedback including many repeat orders. You can read some more reviews on the soundproof window panel which is essentially the same material in a different size and without the cut outs. This product is basically odor free and manufactured here in the US with family friendly materials.
16) TOMOKO Y: Hello, I would like to order this Door Panel Sound Barrier and I have a question.
The description says I can get one custom cut for a door nob.
However my door has one door and there is one more second lock above that.
Are you able to do this custom order ? I will send a photo and exact size if you tell me your email address.
Also if I have to pay extra fee, I will pay that of course.
Because I live in Hawaii, so the shipping cost will be more than ship to mainland US.
I really need one good sound barrier for the entrance door of my unit. Because my apartment's door is so old and it's made by old wood just like almost hollow inside. All the sound go through everyday, no privacy.
I want to stop this.
Thank you for your help and please let me know.
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Hi Tomoko. Yes we can do a 2nd cut out as well. If they are very close to each other it can be done with a single patch at no extra cost. Give us a call and we will be glad to assist you.
17) Shawn C: I am possibly interested in a door panel sound barrier. I have a door frame that is about 1.5 inches deep before the door begins. Is there a way to "double up" on the soundproofing to take advantage of this 1.5 inches?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: You can first add a layer of half inch MDF wood with the Green Glue Damping Compound in between.
18) Chip P: Just received my soundproof door. Are there any instructions or guides for installing it correctly? I don't see anything at your site. I'm sure its there, I just can't find it.
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Hi Chip. The door panel should be manufactured per the specs you sent in for your door. All you need to do is the use the enclosed roll of self adhesive Velcro and apply it around the perimeter of the door and then attache the door panel to that via the Velcro sewn onto the panel. If you need any further help please give us a call.
19) Karl: Hi I am in Manhattan. what would be the cost to have this installed? a few questions about the product
1. can it be removed easily? what is still on the door after it is removed.
2. is there a matte white color option instead of Vinyl which would look nicer.
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: It can easily be removed as it is in place with Velcro. You will have the Velcro strip around the door as that uses a self adhesive to attach to the door. You can attach that using staples in place of the adhesive and them you would be left with the staple hols.
Only the vinyl is available.
20) Alexandra L: Hi, I?m very interested in your Door Panel Sound Barrier. However, I live in Switzerland. Assuming that you don?t do international shipping; have you any idea where I could get hold of this product in Europe? Thank you kindly beforehand. Kind regards/Alexandra
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Hi Alexandra. We do not know of such a location. If you can arrange your own shipping we would be happy to have the product ready for your shipper to pick up. If your order is over $1,000.00 we can arrange international shipping. Thank you.
21) Melissa: I am renting my house and would like to cover my entrance door with this product, so this will be a temporary installation. Will the base velcro damage the door when it is removed?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: If you use the self adhesive it will most probably cause paint damage.
22) Melissa: Thanks for the reply.
I?m wondering if there would be an alternative way to attach the panel, perhaps with Command Strips (temporary adhesive strips), if it would not compromise the soundproofing too much.
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: It may be. You would have to try it once you receive it. Keep in mind these panels are heavy 1.2 pounds per square foot.
23) hamm: do your recommend attaching the barrier to both sides of the door or just to one side?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: One side is usually enough. The pull side of the door is the one it is most commonly installed on as that allows us to cover gaps at the header and jambs too.
24) Kieran: One question I have, is do you sell these and ship worldwide? I live in the UK, and interested in soundproofing my door
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Yes these are sold worldwide. However you would need to arrange shipment out of the US if the order is below $1,000.00. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for help with this.
25) Geremy Lamb: Hi, I am interested in the door panel sound barrier product and have a few questions. I get a lot of noise from the entry door to my condo, which I'd like to eliminate. Will this product provide a substantial enhancement? My door also sits in an inlet and I don't have 2" per side for overlap, probably more like an inch and a half. Will this still be effective? I have a deadbolt about 3" over the door handle, is there a price difference for the additional cutout? Lastly, there seems to be a price increase for only the white color, is this correct or an internet misprint? Thanks in advance for your help.
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Yes you will achieve a substantial enhancement for sound coming through the door, provided that the gap at the bottom of your door is sealed as well.
An inch and a half is fine.
$50.00 charge for an extra cutout. Alternatively you can have it as one pig patch with the door handle for no extra charge.
Yes white is more expensive than the other colors.
26) George A: I am trying to soundproof a new music room. I installed a solid MDF cored door with your jamb and header gaskets and auto door bottom. How do I install the door panel on the inside/push side of the door without interference with the door frame? Thanks
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Hi George. If your installing it on the push side you would measure the panel to fit inside the gaskets and on top of the ADB.
27) Richard L: Please advise if you could custom made a "door panel sound barrier" with 2 lbs/sqft MLV inside instead of standard 1 lbs/sqft MLV.
If it is possible, please advise the price for 48 inch x 96 inch for the custom made door panel sound barrier with 2 lbs/sqft MLV.
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Yes that can be done. Please call our office for pricing 845-388-1200
28) Wayne P: I have a problem with vibration on a door. Will your product be any help?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: It will not help to stop the door from vibrating. It can help diminish the vibrating sound from penetrating into the room.
Amazing customer service and the best price! There are very few companies that can compare with this kind of service! A+!
John Caruso Jun 21, 2019
Their products work great and they have great service
I Highly recommend them
ANGELO CITRO Feb 25, 2019
Have ordered half a dozen times from Trademark Soundproofing with nothing but positive results. Their product performs as promised and their customer service has been excellent. They have accommodated my needs beyond expectations. had one issue with an order that was delivered slightly different than ordered. Trademark shipped out the missing product quickly without cost or questions. Highly recommended.
Ronald L Apr 14, 2015
this company has the best & most helpful staff, way to go.. I already referred others to this company.
Anonymous Mar 19, 2015
Fantastic company! Was able to purchase addition product under the minimum volume amount as a continuation of prior order. They apparently understand estimating supplies for soundproofing is sometimes difficult thus it was very nice to be able to add to original order at the same price as the original bulk order pricing. Highly recommend this company.
Beebout L Mar 16, 2015
I have been dealing with Trademark for a while the service is outstanding delivery always on time and even same day if necessary and whether you buy a hundred boxes of green glue or just one clip you will get the same royal treatment, they will make feel like you are there only customer each and every time and they carry anything and everything that's soundproof related Ps Mr. Drew is very knowledgeable when it come to sound proofing and always ready and willing to help he is literally a genius when it comes to anything related to soundproofing he always has the proper solution for it. I would recommend Trademark in a heartbeat to anyone having any sound problems
Anonymous Jan 2, 2015
Excellent customer support, quality, and price. What more could you ask for?
Hudson S Oct 22, 2014
It was a pleasure shopping with you guys. I will return for all my soundproofing material. Thanks Rachel for fixing the shopping error. This is absolutely the best customer service experience I ever had. We at Balkaran Studios, Inc. fully endorse you guys, keep up the excellent service. To all potential customers, don't hesitate placing your order here, you won't regret it.
Balkaran L Jul 27, 2014
I've purchased many buckets of goo, hundreds of clips, door seals, and over a hundred panels of fibreglass from Trademark in a dozen transactions during the past two years. TM has been fast, honest, and very good communicators in each transaction. Good prices, too. I always recommend TM to my associates who need acoustic construction materials
Richard F Jun 30, 2014
I called and placed an order for some pails of Green Glue, applicator and door seals. The person I talked to was very helpful, and even gave me a better price than advertised. I placed the order and my Green Glue pails arrived the next day! A few days later the rest of my shipment arrived. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great deal and a no hassle purchase.