RC1 One Leg Resilient Channels is a low-cost decoupling method used on steel or wooden framed ceilings and walls to separate the structure from drywall, effectively reducing sound transmission. Length of each channel measures 8.6' (102").
PRICED PER 32 PIECE BUNDLE
FREE SHIPPING! See Shipping and Returns Tab below for additional information.
Resilient channels are a popular and efficient low-cost method of reducing sound transmission in steel or wooden framed partitions. The Resilient Channel decouples the drywall from the structure, preventing sound from traveling through.
For more optimal results, RC Channels can be used in conjunction with RC-1 Boost Clips for a gain of up to 7 STC points.
Important Note:This product is NOT to be used with Resilient Sound Clips, which require Hat Channels for installation. We highly recommend the use of Resilient Sound Clips and Hat Channels for proper decoupling which will eliminate any short circuiting that Resilient Channels are prone too and will give a higher degree of decoupling.
Important Note, Tests were completed with correctly installed Resilient Channels. If channels are improperly installed it will result in significantly lower rating
Install Resilient Channels at right angles to the framing member. The slotted holes should be positioned directly over the framing member.
Use the screw holes to attach channel. If no hole is located at the framing member, attach through the mounting flange
No more than two layers of up to 5/8" drywall should be applied.
On wall framing members, resilient channels should be installed with mounting flange on the bottom. The starter row (closest to the floor) may be installed with mounting flange upward to accommodate fastening to the frame.
Installing on walls: Channels should be spaced 24" OC maximum
Installing on ceillings with 24" OC Framing: Channels should be spaced 16" OC maximum
Installing on ceillings with 16" OC Framing: Channels should be spaced 24" OC maximum
Walls: Lowest row should be no more than 2" off the floor, Highest row should be no more than 6" from the ceiling.
Ceilings: First and last row should be no more than 6" OC from adjacent wall.
Use screws only, nails should not be used.
Splicing should be done by nesting the ends of the resilient channel directly over the framing member and screwing through the mounting flange.
Additionally, channels can be butted over the framing member leaving a minimum 1/16" gap between channels.
Avoiding Errors with Resilient Channel Installation:
It is essential that channels be installed properly for them to work as intended.
Some main points to keep in mind:
Ensure the mounting flange is applied in the downward position. By keeping the flange down the weight of the drywall will pull the resilient channel away from the stud, thus improving the sound rating.
Screwing on top of a stud can potentially 'short circuit' the channel. Also, ensure the fastener you are using is not long enough to penetrate the stud.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping and Return information is specific to this product page only (not for other products on our site).
Product usually ships within 1 business day. Quantity may be limited please call to verify stock before purchasing a large order.
Shipping is FREE in the USA (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
Ships FedEx Ground.
Full unopened boxes are returnable up to 60 days from purchase date.
Send to friend
Product reviews are only available to verified buyers of this product. To leave a review, please refer to the product review email we sent you.
1) Vanessa D: My husband and I are working on sound dampening our media room. We are about to place your companies? resilient channels on our ceiling. The instruction only refers to 16? and 24? spacing in the joists. Our ceiling has 12? OC spacing. So, how far should we place the resilient channels apart from one another?
In regards to our walls. I have 2 questions.
1. Also, our framing/base on the bottom has 2 2x4 stacked. Your instruction say that the lowest channel should not be any higher on center than 2? from the ground. If we follow the instructions, then when the drywall is drilled into the resilient channel, it will hit the stud which would defeat the purpose as indicated in the instructions. How do we go about accommodating this? Do we measure 2? from the second layer with the flange down? Even if we turn the flange upside down (which is an option), we will still hit the wood when attaching the drywall into the resilient channel.
2. We noticed on the wall we did, one of the measurement between the channels is 25? (we mis measured). Is it OK to keep it there as the other are OK? Or do we need to redo this wall?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply:
The channels are running perpendicular to the studs. Therefore there is no difference if they are 12 or 16 OC. You can still space your channels at 16 or 24 OC. You can use shorter screws at the bottom to make sure that they penetrate only the channel and not to the stud. We recommend that you use the RC1 Boost rubber clip which will add a little more depth to your channel and some more sound rating You can keep the wall.
2) Adam P: What size drywall screws are recommended for fastening two layers of 5/8" drywall to these? I have the rubber clips and am only going to install one layer of 5/8" and check if it's sufficient, but may put green glue and a second layer if it's not.
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: For 2 layers minimum 1-5/8" screws.
3) Ken N: Hello. I need about 36pcs of RC-1. Do you offer a way to buy that quantity, rather than 2@the 32 pack on your site? Thanks!
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Hi Ken. At the moment they are only shipped in full boxes. Thank you.
4) ted b: what size drywall ring would i need if using 5/8 drywall
RC1 Channel and 5/8 drywall
you are showing channel fastened to the studs i have understood it is best between layers. can you give me some guidance on this?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply:
RC-1 will add about half an inch. Yes we advise putting the channel first. Between layers will cause an issue known as the triple leaf effect. When applying the 2 layers onto the channel you also have the opportunity to add a damping compound like Green Glue between the layers. Read more about the triple leaf effect here.
5) Chiawei L: I'm thinking to use resilient channels with MLV. What is an appropriate way to apply both of them?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: The MLV should get stapled to the studs and the channel attached over the MLV
6) Brian: Building a HT room. Using this channel on both walls and ceilings.Which drywall is first to go up?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: Either way will work. We prefer doing ceilings first and having the walls butt up to the ceiling.
7) Jeff: I'm building a rehearsal space for my band that's fairly close to other houses. I am thinking of to using resilient channels on the walls. There will be three windows and and a PTAC for my hvac. Will the loss in soundproofing through the windows and hvac system make the resilient channels pointless to install, or will it be worth the added expense and labor?
Trademark Soundproofing Reply: If you do not treat the windows it is not worth the effort.
Amazing customer service and the best price! There are very few companies that can compare with this kind of service! A+!
John Caruso Jun 21, 2019
Their products work great and they have great service
I Highly recommend them
ANGELO CITRO Feb 25, 2019
Have ordered half a dozen times from Trademark Soundproofing with nothing but positive results. Their product performs as promised and their customer service has been excellent. They have accommodated my needs beyond expectations. had one issue with an order that was delivered slightly different than ordered. Trademark shipped out the missing product quickly without cost or questions. Highly recommended.
Ronald L Apr 14, 2015
this company has the best & most helpful staff, way to go.. I already referred others to this company.
Anonymous Mar 19, 2015
Fantastic company! Was able to purchase addition product under the minimum volume amount as a continuation of prior order. They apparently understand estimating supplies for soundproofing is sometimes difficult thus it was very nice to be able to add to original order at the same price as the original bulk order pricing. Highly recommend this company.
Beebout L Mar 16, 2015
I have been dealing with Trademark for a while the service is outstanding delivery always on time and even same day if necessary and whether you buy a hundred boxes of green glue or just one clip you will get the same royal treatment, they will make feel like you are there only customer each and every time and they carry anything and everything that's soundproof related Ps Mr. Drew is very knowledgeable when it come to sound proofing and always ready and willing to help he is literally a genius when it comes to anything related to soundproofing he always has the proper solution for it. I would recommend Trademark in a heartbeat to anyone having any sound problems
Anonymous Jan 2, 2015
Excellent customer support, quality, and price. What more could you ask for?
Hudson S Oct 22, 2014
It was a pleasure shopping with you guys. I will return for all my soundproofing material. Thanks Rachel for fixing the shopping error. This is absolutely the best customer service experience I ever had. We at Balkaran Studios, Inc. fully endorse you guys, keep up the excellent service. To all potential customers, don't hesitate placing your order here, you won't regret it.
Balkaran L Jul 27, 2014
I've purchased many buckets of goo, hundreds of clips, door seals, and over a hundred panels of fibreglass from Trademark in a dozen transactions during the past two years. TM has been fast, honest, and very good communicators in each transaction. Good prices, too. I always recommend TM to my associates who need acoustic construction materials
Richard F Jun 30, 2014
I called and placed an order for some pails of Green Glue, applicator and door seals. The person I talked to was very helpful, and even gave me a better price than advertised. I placed the order and my Green Glue pails arrived the next day! A few days later the rest of my shipment arrived. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great deal and a no hassle purchase.